About Our Membership
“EYC is a unique club because of the diversity of its members. We are a truly “self help” club.
Our members contribute countless hours of their talents and energy to maintain the many programs the club has to offer.
From cruising to racing, gardening to social, junior sail to dock building there is a place for everyone to get involved and put their particular expertise to good use.
But all work and no play… as they say. We are a club that loves to have fun and our Gazebo Bar is famous around the lake, whether it’s just relaxing on a warm summer’s day or a party after a hard day’s racing during one of our award winning regattas, it’s the place to be.
The socializing and parties don’t stop when the weather gets colder and the water gets hard, we just move indoors and our social committee keeps us going all winter with numerous theme nights like Robbie Burns, St. Patrick’s etc.
Is it any wonder we like to think of ourselves as “the best club on the lake”? Murray Eastwood – Commodore
Membership has its privileges….
Etobicoke Yacht Club members enjoy many privileges and camaraderie of fellow boaters. We are proud to have over 500 members that include avid sailors, families to retirees from ages of 21 to 92. We offer many amenities to suit all boaters whether a racer, a cruiser, or social boating lover.
We are located on 22 acres of parkland at the west end of Humber Bay and one of the most secure and scenic bays on Lake Ontario. A perfect location to set course to many destinations whether a short trip to the city or a long voyage across the lake.
EYC is primarily a sailing club with a small fleet of powerboats. There are many programs offered to members throughout the season:
- A first class racing program that runs 2 days a week for all experience levels.
- Organized monthly group cruises to other clubs around the lake.
- Our Dry Sail program for keel fleet is mainly Solings and Etchells, while our dry sail – dinghy and multihull fleets are made up primarily of catamarans.
- A renowned Junior Sailing program for young sailors.
- An extensive social calendar filled with events.
Our Club boasts well-maintained facilities:
- 347 docks with electrical and water access.
- The Great Hall clubhouse with bar and fully equipped industrial kitchen open for member use.
- Outdoor gazebo bar open throughout the boating season.
- BBQ’s, fire pit and large patio with plenty of seating available.
- Newly renovated washrooms and showers.
- Pump-out dock.
- Separate facilities for dry-sailors.
And more for our members…
- Reciprocal guest privileges with over 100 yacht clubs around the lake – in Canada and U.S.
- “Friendship” access to MCC’s restuarant.
- Launch, haul-out and storage for boats with approved cradles (conditions may apply).
- Mast-stepping and de-stepping.
We have a variety of membership categories, including Social, Crewing, and Junior memberships.