Humber Bay Boating Federation:
Etobicoke Yacht Club, along with Mimico Cruising Club and Humber Bay Sailing Centre make up the membership of the HBBF.
HBBF has acted, since the beginning of our landfill, as the interface with the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) for issues relating our harbour, water and land.
The Bylaws require the HBBF to have an annual meeting. The Board of Directors consists of 5 Members from each of Mimico C.C. and EYC, and one member from Humber College.
Recent agendas for the General Meeting have included interesting speakers who would provide insight as to what (and why) is happening in our basin and what might be coming.
Should new issues of common interest arise an agenda and official notice will be provided;
Current issues in front of the HBBF:
- Humber Bay Parks Revitalization toronto.ca/humberbayparks
Past issues the involving the HBBF:
- Original lease terms for all three sites
- Installation of intrusive docks at Grand Harbour
- Lease renewals with Toronto Parks Dept.
- Representation on the Mimico Linear Park planning
- Re-assessment valuations on the properties”
For more information about the functions of the HBBF, please contact –email@example.com